Tuesday, 11 August 2009

Extraction of my Wisdom

About 2 weeks ago now I went into hospital & got all 4 wisdom teeth out at once. I was pretty lucky to get in that fast but still had to wait in a room watching soaps & day-time TV for 4 hours.

A nurse asked me if I was over 18 & I don't think so believed me when I said I was 23 & married. Oh well, I kinda hope people are still asking for ID when I'm in my 30's.

Anyways, with my stylish gown I got to wear a red shower cap. (awesome, I know). I was in the theatre counting to 10, but only remember getting to 2. Before I knew it, I woke up in the recovery room with a bandage around my head & I was drooling like crazy. Such a weird feeling.

I got up & changed into my normal clothes again. I must have been pretty quiet, cos when I asked a nurse if I could go home... I think I scared the pants off her.. cause she jumped off her chair :)

Aahhh.. the joys of surgery.... and the agonising pain afterwards. OMG!! I've never known so much pain.

I gotta say... I learnt how to sleep in an arm chair with ice tied to my head. I have a new appreciation for my bed now & sleeping all the way through til morning :)

The highlights of the whole thing was that I got to hang out at our new house & get to know our new puppy.

Well, I'm glad to be off all that medication & be driving & working like a normal human being again.

1 comment:

  1. If you've had all your wisdom extracted does that make you "dumb as a post"?

    Glad you're feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete